Moodle with us!
Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are an accounting and payroll superstar who wants to enjoy a varied role, and loves learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 130 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What the role will look like…
In this newly created role based in our Perth office, you will be responsible for working closely with the CFO, managing and supporting a range of activities across the accounting and finance functions at Moodle.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Accounts payable / receivable - invoice management, processing of payments, debt control
- End to end payroll processing and management for our team members and contractors
- Bank reconciliations including multiple foreign currency accounts
- ATO lodgements - assisting with preparation, timely lodgement and payment
- Month end processing - journal entry preparation, revenue and expense allocations, GL reconciliations
- Assisting the CFO with monthly and year end accounts
- Assisting with budgeting / forecasting, including monitoring, modelling, analysis and reporting
- Business analytics - assisting with financial modelling, variance analysis and reporting, business requirements definition and continuous improvement
- Assisting the CFO with audit preparation and queries
- Be involved and assist from a finance and process perspective on special projects
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Solid experience in a similar varied role
- Interest in a hands on position where you are involved in most aspects of the accounting and finance functions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting package
- Accounting / finance / business degree
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Extra awesome if you can share your:
- Experience with foreign currency bank accounts and payments
- Google Drive experience
- CPA qualified
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary.
- a truly flexible working environment.
- a brand new office in central Barcelona.
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects.
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/766228
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send!
No recruitment agencies please.