Product Portfolio Lead/ Product Project Manager
Moodle with us
Perhaps you've heard of Moodle? We make the world's most popular learning platform and our commitment to open source values and a mission to “empower educators to improve our world” is central to our work.
We have a unique opportunity for an individual with senior product management / strategy experience in the education technology industry to work with us to take our product management processes to the next level as we prepare to build and launch important new global platforms and services. Sounds like you, then read on…
About your new workplace
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project, but if you’re applying for this position, you already know that.. Our platform is used in every country in the world, with hundreds of millions of users.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain, but we have colleagues all over the world too.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers and aim to foster a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What your new job can look like…
This newly created role provides an essential product management coordinating function. Working with Moodle's product teams and liaising with Moodle Partners and our global development community, the role assures the quality, relevance and commercial sustainability of Moodle’s product design and development activities
The role will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to define compelling and integrated and product roadmaps and development plans across all areas of Moodle. It will introduce and manage a consistent process to deliver a quarterly rolling definition of product strategy, budget and resource allocation efficiency and quality in product development; market relevance and product marketing support of our service partners.
We’re looking for someone with experience and strong skills in:
- Product Management in the education technology industry
- A high level of emotional intelligence, excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Defining and launching successful products for global markets
- The use of analytics tools to make smarter, more data-informed product and project decisions
- Coaching product teams to provide excellent product marketing support to commercial partners or sales organisations
- Coordinating public-facing roadmap information
- Preparation of budget & resource scenarios and requests
- Monitor the delivery of roadmap plans in line with overall Company strategy
Even better if you can share your:
- Experience working with Moodle in a commercial or academic leadership setting
- High level of product expertise related to Moodle
- Solid understanding of software solutions and/or platform related technologies, ideally coupled with experience managing a portfolio of cloud, mobile, and social network applications
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to analyse and resolve challenges at both strategic and tactical levels
- Awesome communication, listening, researching and influencing skills
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- A workplace where you have the unique opportunity to mentor and develop the management skills of our team leaders and to build and shape the product strategy
- A competitive salary
- A truly flexible work-life blend approach
- An office environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- Ability to work on challenging and internationally recognised projects
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the 'apply for this job' button.
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to share.
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please!