Lead User Experience Designer
Moodle with us!
Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are a UX design superstar who wants to enjoy a varied role, and loves learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 130 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What the role will look like…
You’ll have a significant role in improving the usability of software currently used by millions of educators worldwide. As an advocate for the end user you’ll be the expert in understanding user goals, needs, and pain points.
You will lead the UX team by constantly improving UX capabilities, tools, processes and play an essential role in Moodle’s Open Source development team. Leading the design direction and providing day-to-day strategic design input by coordinating and facilitating workshops, generating buy-in from team members and stakeholders and being part of a much bigger international community of contributing developers and Moodle Partners.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Leading a team of designers to build tools and features for both beginners and advanced Moodle users.
- Demonstrating deep user empathy and effectively sharing user experience sensibilities with design and development teams by facilitating design sprints, workshops and exercises
- Guiding teams to fail quickly and work iteratively to solve complex business and technical problems through sketching, diagramming, wireframing and rapid prototyping
- Conducting frequent user research and usability testing and gather data to validate and inform your team’s design decisions
- Collaborating closely with developers, team leads, and other designers to ensure business goals and deadlines are met
- Mentoring, guiding and inspiring designers through knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Being flexible and willing to be hands-on when required
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience leading a team of UX designers, running design sprints and collating user feedback from all stakeholders into a cohesive design approach
- Scoping and prioritising of design initiatives
- Design portfolio with relevant projects across various channels including web and mobile
- Strong understanding of design principles including colour, layout, and typography
- Knowledge of industry best practices in web and mobile design pattern libraries
- Proven experience in human-centered design thinking and toolkits
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in UX Design and/or Research
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent formal UX Training
Extra awesome if you can share your:
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean environment
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply" button now or follow this link: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/797744
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add.
- Press send!
No recruitment agencies please.