Moodle with us!
Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer who wants to work on varied and international projects, enjoy learning and being challenged, and like the idea of working from home, read on.
Please note, this role is open to anyone based in the UK, USA or any European location.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 130 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What your new job can look like…
In this newly created position, you will be responsible for ensuring the application infrastructure backing our internet presence remains available and reliable. This is a remote role where you will work from your home office supporting our infrastructure worldwide.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Supporting Kubernetes based infrastructure in Amazon AWS
- Maintaining backups
- Building and deploying Docker containers
- Managing various applications including Moodle, Wordpress, Jira and Mediawiki
- Working with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Gitlab
- Participating with on-call rotations
- Tracking all work and requests in our ticketing system
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Strong Linux systems administration experience
- Experience supporting Linux servers
- Exposure to/experience working with Kubernetes in production
- Solid Cloud administration skills, preferably with AWS
- Experience using configuration management tools, SaltStack preferred
- Amazing problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to report in detail on long term issue resolutions
- Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation and client service notes
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Interest and availability to work from your home office with occasional international travel possible
Extra awesome if you can share:
- Your exposure to Moodle, if applicable
- Understanding of GDPR/Data Privacy requirements
- Experience in a software development company
- Experience using ticketing systems like JIRA or ZenDesk
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality - a “people person” - with the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with multiple stakeholders within a global team.
- A positive, intuitive and clear communicator (both written and verbal) with the ability to earn trust and credibility.
- Strong resilience.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Have a proactive and solutions-focused attitude, a willingness to ‘speak up’ and share their ideas with the team in a positive and constructive way.
- A strong team player who contributes actively to the overall team goals and projects while also being able to work independently and take initiative that would improve processes and outcomes.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage own workload to meet tight deadlines with competing priorities.
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary.
- a truly flexible working environment.
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects.
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply now" button now or follow this link: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/808319
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please.