Moodle with us!
Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are a ICT Engineer,/ IT Analyst/ Dev Ops who wants to work on varied and international projects, enjoy learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 130 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What your new job can look like…
In this newly created position, based in our new Barcelona office, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the operation and availability of Moodle’s technology infrastructure within the global ICT team.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Supporting users across the Moodle organisation
- Creating and maintaining user accounts
- Maintaining physical infrastructure in the office (network, servers, phone, computers and equipment)
- Maintaining physical security controls for building access
- Creating and maintaining user facing documentation
- Working with ICT team to improve applications and infrastructure
- Participating with on-call rotations
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience supporting Linux, Macintosh and Windows Desktop platforms
- Experience supporting Linux servers
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Familiarity with networking
- Ability to report in detail on long term issue resolutions
- Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation and client service notes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Awesome communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality.
- Availability to work in Barcelona, Spain.
- Your fluency in both English and Spanish.
Extra awesome if you can share:
- Your exposure to Moodle
- Experience working in the education or edtech industry
- Experience using ticketing systems like JIRA or ZenDesk
- ITIL certification or experience
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary.
- a truly flexible working environment.
- a brand new office in central Barcelona.
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects.
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply now" button now or follow this link: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/808319
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add… in ENGLISH
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please.