Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world!
We are seeking a Web Developer who is up to date with the latest technologies, possesses both front-end and back-end skills at a high level, and has the experience required to work collaboratively alongside our other team members to provide creative and results focused solutions.
This role will be an initial 3 - 6 month contract based in our Perth office. Longer-term or freelance opportunities may be possible.
As a key part of a close-knit Marketing Team, you will be building, supporting and improving our corporate websites (moodle.com and moodlemoot.org).
You will have a knack for diagnosing and solving problems and you’re probably the person people trust for answers. You will thrive if you have a product mindset and hacker mentality. You’re likely looking for a collaborative work environment where you can be yourself and do awesome impactful work.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing WordPress websites from custom code.
- Customising, auditing and editing existing WordPress themes and plugins.
- Debugging and testing for web projects.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS, ongoing maintenance and enhancement of existing websites.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugin.
- Learning and evaluating new technologies and tools as needed.
- Communicating and share your ideas for website improvements.
- Work closely with marketing coordinators, graphic and UX designers and other stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
- A values oriented team player, with an enthusiasm for being part of a social purpose driven organisation.
- Extensive experience with WordPress including theme development, plugin development and configuration files.
- Familiar with Bulma, Buefy, Yarn/npm and Advanced Custom Fields plugin would be desirable.
- Experience with Git, SSH/SFTP, Linux command line and MySQL databases.
- SEO knowledge/familiarity.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organisation and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and open mind to feedback.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems.
Besides an environment where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- A competitive salary.
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- Opportunity to work in an international organisation!
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply" button now or follow this link: https://workable.com/j/E235E35770
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please.