Accounts, Payroll & Administration Officer (20-30 hours per week)
Moodle with us!
Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are an accounts and administration all-rounder, who wants to enjoy a varied role, and loves learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 130 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What your new job can look like…
In this newly created position, based in our new Barcelona office, you will be responsible for working closely with the Accounts function in Perth, Australia, managing accounts reconciliation, processing and payroll, as well as providing local administration support for the Barcelona team.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Accounts preparation and reconciliation - banking, tax, general ledger and management accounts
- Accounts payable / receivable - invoice management, processing of payments, debt control
- Payroll processing and reporting, employee records management
- Office administration and support - ordering and maintaining office supplies, assisting with maintaining a tidy and welcoming work environment
- Reception - answering and directing phone calls, greeting visitors, managing mail.
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Fluency in both English and Spanish, written and verbal.
- Strong experience in a similar varied role.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with;
- MS Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Factura, Contaplus, Xero or similar accounting software
- Google Drive
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, be proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Friendly phone manner.
- Ability to be reliable, flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- A competitive salary.
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- Opportunity to work in an international organization in a brand new office.
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply" button now or follow this link: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/746838
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add… in ENGLISH
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please.