Moodle Developer (Front End)
Moodle with us!
Have you heard of or know of Moodle? We're the world's open source learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world!
As part of our mission we have an exciting opportunity for an Open Source Front-End developer to join Moodle HQ. This is an opportunity to play a key role in our product development as you help shape the look, feel and user experience of Moodle. So if you are a front-end developer who wants to work on varied and international projects, have a great sense for creating engaging user experiences, enjoy learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on!
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source product. We create the most powerful online learning platform that's used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally!
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact, we have over 150 million users and our platform is used in every country in the world!
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, the UK, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Canada and the USA!
We are a hard-working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories about how we are doing exactly that!
At Moodle we really value our peers and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What your new job can look like…
Most days can involve a mix of:
- designing and documenting the implementation of new features.
- Writing and reviewing high quality code and automated tests.
- collaborating with other developers and product teams.
- contributing to the future direction of the Moodle software.
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- minimum of 3 years of programming experience in a medium to large scale development environment.
- experience working with user experience design and debugging UI issues.
- good knowledge of web application security, performance and scalability.
- experience working with Web Services and RESTful applications.
- ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- awesome relationship management skills.
- enthusiastic and approachable personality.
- excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Extra awesome if you can share:
- your exposure to Moodle architecture
- any contributions to open source projects
- experience developing new themes on Moodle.
- Experience working with RequireJs and Bootstrap 4.
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary.
- a truly flexible working environment.
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects.
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply: https://moodle.workable.com/jobs/1072577
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies, please!